Allianz Global Assistance only ever uses any customer data it receives to carry out the services for which customers have signed up. In no way will your details be passed to third parties for any other marketing activities.
Allianz Global Assistance on privacy
We use tracking software to monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the site. This software does not enable us to capture any personal identity information.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
To get the most out of our website, your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies. However, you can restrict, block or delete cookies at any time by changing the cookie preferences in your browser.
Each browser is different, so please consult the 'Help' menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone / tablet's manual) to find out how to change your cookie preferences. Many browsers have universal privacy settings for you to choose from.
If you decline cookies, some features of our website may not work properly and you may not be able to access certain areas. For this reason we recommend that you accept cookies.
To learn more about cookies in general and how to manage them, please visit aboutcookies.org (opens in a new window - please note that we are not responsible for the content of external websites).
The list below explains the cookies we use and why:
- Session Cookie
- Name: CFID, CFTOKEN
- Purpose: These cookies allows our web servers to respond to your actions while you are browsing the website. The website wouldn't work for you without it.
- More information: Session cookies are deleted when you close your browser.
- Server-side Cookie
- Name: BIGipServerwww.mondial-assistance-country
- Purpose: On B2C websites the load is balanced on 2 servers. This cookie keeps you on the same server throughout your visit to ensure continuity of transaction.
- More information: This cookie is necessary to ensure the website's service continuity.
- Flash Cookies (also known as Local Shared Objects cookies)
- Purpose: On this website, we may display some content using Adobe Flash Player. Adobe uses Flash cookies to improve your experience as a user. Flash cookies are stored on your device in the same way as normal cookies, but your browser manages them differently.
- More information: If you would like to disable or delete a Flash cookie, see Adobe Flashplayer Security Settings (opens in a new window - please note that we are not responsible for the content of external websites). Please bear in mind though, if you disable Flash cookies, you'll be unable to access certain types of content on the site.
- Name: _atuvc
- Purpose: This cookie stores the number of time the page/website has been shared.
- More information: For more information about addThis privacy and data practices, please visit the addThis website (please note that we are not responsible for the content of external websites). If you prefer that we do not collect non-personally identifiable information about your visit through addThis, you may opt out by clicking here .
- AT internet (Xiti)
- Google Analytics
- Name: _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz
- Purpose: These third-party cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. The information is used to compile reports to improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. We also use a piece of technology to help us understand the demographics and interests of the people that visit our site. We do this to make the content of our site more relevant to our users and help us advertise our products better across the internet. For information on how to opt-out of interest based advertising on Google, please click here
Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies
- These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests. They remember the websites you have visited and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers. For example we use 3rd party companies to provide you with more personalised adverts when visiting other websites.
- You can change the settings on your browser to prevent cookies being stored on your computer or mobile device without your explicit consent. Your browser “help” section will normally provide details on how to manage the cookie settings.
Facebook Conversion Tracking Cookies
We also use a technology called Facebook Conversion Tracking. This allows us to track visitors who have been referred through a Facebook page, application or advertisement and have then purchased a policy from us, or taken another specific action on one of our websites within a 30 day period.
We will share with Facebook information regarding your visit to our website but this will not include any information specific to your purchase. Facebook will use this information to monitor on our behalf the effectiveness of our ads and apps.
The information we share with Facebook will only be used in accordance with Facebook's data use policy www.facebook.com/about/privacy. Facebook Conversion Tracking may also enable us and our partners to serve advertisements on and off Facebook.
Security of information
Allianz Global Assistance considers the security of our customer's Personal Information as an important and necessary part of the responsible management of our corporate data. Allianz Global Assistance therefore takes all reasonable steps to ensure that their information is secure and is safeguarded from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. All information is kept on a specifically designed database for Allianz Global Assistance's use only. We will only disclose Personal Information in order to fulfil our obligations in respect of the provision of services to our customers.
Notification of changes